To convey a message simply and clearly, writers must develop skills to communicate their thought and ideals effectively. Learn the fundamentals of clear writing in this course on writing professionally. The course will concentrate on writing skills, formats and presentation.
- Formal style and language skills
- Discourse and grammar fundamentals
- Organisation of material to persuade
- Readability and presentation
Business Proposals, Responses to Tenders and Business Plans
Win the contract with persuasive business proposals, responses to tenders and business plans are all forms of persuasive messages. They aim to persuade the reader to accept the proposed action or to commit money and resources. Credibility and professionalism are vital when planning these business documents.
- Requested and non-requested proposals
- Understanding the tender process
- Structure of business proposals or plans
- Punchy executive summaries
- Core and elective elements
- Editing and style considerations
Enhance and develop your report-writing skills by improving your understanding of essential report components. Since the writer of a report is rarely present when it is read, professional reports must convey information that is clearly presented, accurate and unambiguous.
- Understanding your terms of reference
- Report structure and logic
- Writing style and formality
- Integrate graphics
- Effective introductions and conclusions
Correspondence and CVs
Avoid confusion in the business environment by learning to use social media and email professionally and with appropriate etiquette.
- Emails, Letters, WhatsApp, Linked In
- Agendas and Minutes
- CVs and Letters of Application for Work